Telus Mission Possible Half Marathon and 5K
Sunday November 15, 2015 / 8:00 A.M. / Ottawa ONDUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL, WE HAVE HAD TO CHANGE THE DATE OF THIS RACE TO SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15TH. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED AND WILL HAVE ISSUES WITH THIS, PLEASE CONTACT BRADLEY CONLEY AT 613-784-9796 OR [email protected]
Telus Mission Possible Half Marathon and 5K
|Until Nov 11
|Half Marathon Relay *
- Free Shirt with entry!
- Unisex sizes : S, M, L, XL, XXL
- * Half Marathon Relay must have 2 members.
- A silent auction will take place the day of the race with all proceeds going to the Ottawa Mission. Included in your Half Marathon registration fee (5k participants must purchase brunch tickets) is a brunch and the chance to hear our guest speaker.
- Please note that 5k participants will receive a short sleeve shirt and all half marathon and relay participants will receive a long sleeve shirt.
- Race shirts are no longer avaliable for order. If there are some left over after the race you can speak with the race director and he can see if he can get you one
Race Kit Pickup
Friday November 13th, 2015
From 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Saturday November 14th, 2015
From 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Sunday November 15th, 2015 (on race site)
From 7:15 am -7:45 am
- At Westboro Running Room
418 Richmond Road
Ottawa, ON K2A 0G2
Ph: (613) 728-9081 - MAP
- Pickup on race day will take place at the race rather than the store.
Race Location :
The Marshes Golf Club
320 Terry Fox Drive
- 5K Run : Sunday November 15, 2015 @ 8:00 A.M.
- Half Marathon : Sunday November 15, 2015 @ 8:30 A.M.
- Half Marathon Relay : Sunday November 15, 2015 @ 8:30 A.M.
- Brunch Tickets : Sunday November 15, 2015 @ 11:45 A.M.
This years guest speaker will be: Jason Dunkerly
Jason Dunkerley was born blind and began running in elementary school, but it wasn't until he was in high school that he became serious about competing. After moving to Hamilton from Northern Ireland, Dunkerley attended the W. Ross Macdonald School for Students who are Visually Impaired, Blind and Deafblind, where students were encouraged to get involved in sports.
Dunkerley has represented Canada at three Paralympic Games and with guide Greg Dailey raced to a silver medal in Sydney 2000, a silver in Athens in 2004 and a bronze in Beijing in 2008.
He has also raced at three IPC World Championships, winning gold in 2011 in the 800m, double gold in 2006 in both the 800m and 1500m, and gold in 2002 in the 1500m.
At the 2007 Parapan American Games in Rio, Dunkerley won gold in both the 800m and 1500m. At the 2011 Parapan American Games in Guadalajara, he won a silver medal in the 1500m and a bronze medal in the 5000m.
He is the current Canadian record holder for the T11 800m, 1500m and 5000m.
In London, he will be guided by Joshua Karanja. Dunkerley feels that this new partnership is very beneficial to his training. Dunkerley notes that since Karanja is faster than him, it has increased his speed.
Having a supportive family, friends, coaches, teammates and community is incredibly important to Dunkerley and he is grateful for all of this. He lives in Ottawa, Ont., with his wife Colleen.
His brother, Jon Dunkerley, is also a member of the Para-Athletics team for London 2012.
For more information please contact Bradley Conley
- Email: [email protected]
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Check back for Clinics near you.