Heroes Running for Heroes 2019
Saturday October 26, 2019 / 10:00 A.M. / Edmonton AB
This race has a maximum registration cap of 300 entrants.
|5K Run/Walk||Register Now!|
|Until Aug 31||$20 / Youth $15|
|Until Oct 23||$25 / Youth $20|
|Until Oct 24||$30 / Youth $25|
|FAMILY Team of 6 5K||Register Now!|
|Until Aug 31||$100|
|Until Oct 23||$125|
|Until Oct 24||$150|
- Applicants that raises over $75 will receive a tshirt
- Age for Youth - 18 and under.
- FAMILY Team of 6 - Team Captain enters all 6 applicants at registration.
Welcome to the 2nd annual Heroes Run for Heroes event in Edmonton. This family-friendly fun run and walk is hosted by local Law enforcement officers in support of Special Olympics. The pledges and donations you raise will help athletes with intellectual disabilities participate in sports.
Special Olympics is the world's largest sports organization for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, providing them year-round training and competition in 18 different sports. For 50 years, Special Olympics has unified, empowered, and celebrated the abilities of children, youth and adults. It has provided comfort and understanding you don't get anywhere else.
We are asking each participant to raise $75 through pledges & donations, in return they will receive a special shirt.
A $50 donation can help provide an athlete:
- 12 months of exciting sports training and programs
- 18 different sports to choose from
- Network of support of other families who are involved with Special Olympics.
DON'T LEAVE AN ATHLETE ON THE SIDE LINES
-Come dressed as your favorite super hero (prizes for best costumes).
-Go to our face book page and tell us who your hero is and why you are running for them www.albertatorchrun.ca
William Hawrelak Park
Race begins for the 5 km Heroes at 10:00 sharp.
Once the 5km Heroes have left the area, the 1Km Heroes will start.
Each participant who crosses the finish line will receive a finisher's medal celebrating Special Olympics 50th anniversary
After the Event
After you cross the finish line, prizes, food and refreshments will be provided
Race Kit Pick up:
- Thursday, October 24th
4:00 p.m. - 08:00 p.m.
Friday, October 25th
4:00 p.m. - 08:00 p.m.
- 109 Street Running Room
8537 - 109 Street
Edmonton, AB T6G 1E4
Note: Pick up times / location is subject to change. Please check the website closer to race day.
Run in support of:
- We are a non profit that provides sporting opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- You can set up a fundraising page through your Running Room account, after you have registered for the Run
All you need to do is go to the Fundraising tab (at the top of the registration page) and select Raise Funds to set up your fundraising page.
- Click here for details on setting up your fundraising dashboard
Race Kit Pickup
Running room located at 8537 109 street - map
Thursday Oct 24 4 -8 pm
Friday Oct 25 4 - 8 pm
- 5K Run/Walk : Saturday October 26, 2019 @ 10:00 A.M.
- FAMILY Team of 6 : Saturday October 26, 2019 @ 10:00 A.M.
For more information please contact Alberta LETR
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Check back for Clinics near you.