Run the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon with Canada’s largest group!
Sunday November 1, 2020 / 0:00 A.M. / New York NY, United States
WE WILL SELL OUT EARLY!
The TCS New York City Marathon is one of the most sought-after marathons on the planet and especially now for the 50th Anniversary of this historic event!
Since 2004, Dream Travel, a Canadian business, has been offering guaranteed entry packages to this prestigious event as an official International Tour Operator of the New York Road Runners.
Line up on Sunday, November 1st, 2020 with more than 50,000 runners from 100+ countries and make this dream into a reality! Run all 5 boroughs of New York while more than 2 million spectators cheer you on!
Dream Travel is on site the entire weekend to assist you and make your trip as exciting and stress-free as possible! And, we’re proud to say that we’ve run this marathon many times so we are extremely knowledgeable about the course and the city!
|2020 TCS New York City Marathon Marathon||Register Now!|
|Until Oct 30||$500|
|Non-Runner Deposit Marathon||Register Now!|
|Until Oct 30||$200|
- Fees are in US Dollars
- Abbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K: $ 50.00
- Where: New York, NY, United States
- Date: Sunday, November 1st, 2020
- Time: 9:40 am – 11am staggered start
Race Expo & Race Kit Pickup:
- Thursday October 29th from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday October 30th from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday October 31st from 9:00 – 5:00 pm
- * Times may change without notice.
- *All runners MUST attend the expo in person in order to obtain your bib. No one may pick up on your behalf.
- Jacob Javits Convention Center
- 11th Avenue at 35th Street
- TCS New York City Marathon Runner Package: $500 Deposit
- Non-Runners: $200 Deposit*
- *Deposits are applied towards the package amounts. We collect non-runners deposits to help offset the cost of holding rooms in Manhattan for a year.
- Step 1 - Meet requirements (see “Who May Purchase” below)
- Step 2 - Determine which package best suits your needs
- Step 3 -Make a deposit on the Running Room website
- Step 4 - – Receive follow up information from Dream Travel
- Step 5 - Make your final payment
- Step 6 - Get training! You’re running the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon!
Who May Purchase
- Anyone not living in the US who will be 18 or older on Sunday, November 1st, 2020 may purchase one of our guaranteed entry packages.
- An initial deposit of USD500 per runner and USD200 per non-runner plus the Running Room processing fee will be charged upon registration using the Running Room’s online registration form. The balance of your package must be paid no later than July 1st, 2020.
- Deposits are non-refundable so we highly recommend travel insurance.
We Will Sell Out
- Each year we sell out months in advance, typically in March or April. For the 2019 marathon, however, we initially sold out in February and we started selling 2020 in December of 2018! That said, we highly recommend that you register early to avoid disappointment!
Why Rates are in US Dollars
- As you are traveling to the US for this package and both the hotels and the NYRR charge in US Dollars, we charge the same to avoid having to build in an exchange buffer due to the constantly changing CAD vs USD. This ends up saving you money!
- You may pay using a Canadian credit card, a US currency card or PayPal
How Much is a Guaranteed Entry
- It is a common misconception that a guaranteed entry fee is between US350 and US400, however, this is the estimated rate for those who win the lottery. The actual fee for a guaranteed entry is substantially higher but under contract with the NYRR, we are not permitted to indicate the exact amount.
Don’t Wait for the Lottery Results!
- Only an extremely small percentage of people will win the NYC Marathon Lottery. If you wait to see if you won before purchasing one of our packages, then we will have already sold out. Instead of waiting, if you purchase one of our Runner’s Packages and then win the lottery in the same year then you may apply your deposit towards a hotel package! This way you are guaranteed to run and you won’t pay twice!
- We will provide guaranteed entry only as part of a complete package which, at a minimum, must include 3 nights hotel. We can provide you with airfare options as well if you wish. No Tour Operators are permitted to sell entry only.
What’s Included in Your “Runner’s” Package
- Guaranteed entry into the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon
- 3 nights hotel of your choice
- TCS New York City Marathon Goody Bag including official program, souvenir shirt, snacks and special offers
- Official Participant Handbook
- Start festival: warm-ups, breakfast, entertainment and religious services
- Finisher materials: medal, food and beverages, heat sheet
- Family reunion area where marathoners and their family and friends reunite
- Official finisher certificate
- Transportation to the Staten Island on race day morning for runners from Bryant Park or the Whitehall Ferry Terminal.
- Stephen Price’s Book: No More Excuses
- Website loaded with information, inspiration and tips https://www.nyrr.org/
Why do Non-Runners Need to Register
- NY State law requires that hotels list the names of all guests staying in the hotel. As well, there are additional taxes and fees charged by the hotels for additional person(s) in the room. As well, in an effort to offset our costs of holding hotel rooms in Manhattan for a full year, we collect a deposit that will be placed towards your package amount.
Looking for a Roommate?
- If you are looking to save some money and have Dream Travel try and find you a same-sex roommate, please indicate this at the time of registration. Although this is not a guaranteed service, we tend to find roommates for everyone who lets us know prior to February 1st, and, the sooner you register the better your chances.
After You Apply
- After you apply Dream Travel will contact you to complete your registration process via the email address you provided. You must ensure that your email address is correct and you are responsible for monitoring it closely as Dream Travel will contact with everyone via email.
- Each year we have many people cancel due to unforeseen circumstances who did not purchase our travel insurance meaning they end up losing their package amount. Under no circumstances does the NYRR permit postponing your marathon if you need to cancel so protect yourself and your money by purchasing our Group Insurance through ManuLife.
- With our insurance you will be able to cancel for insurable reasons as well as running injuries while training! We offer various insurance packages including Cancellation, Interruption, Medical and Baggage. For full details on coverage, please click here: Manulife Financial Please note that the insurance coverage that you may have on your credit card will not cover you completely! We are unable to process insurance for those living in Quebec – please contact your local travel agency for coverage.
Abbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K
- Add the Abbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K to your package or register your family and/or friends for this exciting fun run that starts at the UN Building and finishes at the iconic TCS New York City Marathon Finish Line in Central Park. This race takes place on Saturday Oct 31 and is open to anyone but entries are limited to the 50 and will sell out!
Not Included with your Package
- Travel insurance, airfare, meals and items of a personal nature are not included in your package.
No Fee Flight Booking
- Anyone who purchases a package from Dream Travel for the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon can contact Travel Best Bets to have their flights booked with no booking fee and the guaranteed lowest possible price. See the FAQ’s for more details.
- Neither the NYRR nor the hotels in Manhattan will accept late payments from us under any circumstance. That said, we must have your final payment in by the deadline, else we have to charge the following late fees:
- $50 for those that make their final payment between July 2 and July 12, 2020
- $100 for those that make their final payment between July 12 and July 31, 2020
Those that do not pay by July 31, 2020 may lose their package and deposit.
- If you have any questions about the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon or our packages, please contact Stephen at Dream Travel:
- Phone: (877) 601 7275
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Check back for Clinics near you.