Win4Skin 5km Walk/Run
Win4Skin started in 2010 following the passing of University of Alberta athlete Owen Schlosser, from malignant melanoma. His battle with melanoma and involvement in sport, along with the desire to give back to the community and support access to sport, is what inspired this fundraiser.
All funds raised from the run go towards the support of two important causes: the Owen Schlosser Endowment fund through the Edmonton Community Foundation and the Mary Johnston Chair in Melanoma Research, Canada’s first melanoma research professorship.
The Owen Schlosser Fund helps underprivileged youth access sport in Alberta by contributing to a number of different organizations that provide equipment, cover registration costs, or organize sports leagues for children. The Mary Johnston Chair in Melanoma Research is aimed at researching key pathways in melanoma development that would lead to potential targets for prevention and therapy.
For more information about Win4Skin and our important causes, check out the following link: https://win4skin.com/about/
Over the past ten years, Win4Skin has raised more than $900,000 for the two charities. Please join us in our goal to reach a lifetime total of $1 Million in donations.
Hope to see you there!
Sunday May 31, 2020 / 10:00 A.M. / Edmonton AB
|5k Walk/Run Individual||Register Now!|
|Until April 15||$35 / Youth Free|
|Until May 30||$40 / Youth Free|
|Until May 31*||$45 / Youth Free|
- Age for Youth - 14 and under.
- In an effort to reduce clothing waste, and to contribute more funds to our two very important causes, we have decided not to include t-shirts with your registration at this year’s run. If you participated last year, we encourage you to re-wear your shirt.
Race Kit Pickup
- *Please note that chip timing will not be available for same day registrations
- Friday May 29 5-8pm and Saturday May 30 12-3pm
At the 109th street Running Room 8537 - 109 Street - map
Edmonton, AB T6G
Ph: (780) 433-6062
- 5k Walk/Run Individual : Sunday May 31, 2020 @ 10:00 A.M.
For more information please contact Matt Norminton/Tom Fleming/Caroline Schlosser
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Check back for Clinics near you.