2024 MT KILIMANJARO RACE, SERENGETI SAFARI AND KILI HIKE
Everyone has a bucket list of travel destinations that they’ve always wanted to visit. For many, one of those destinations is in Eastern Africa, visiting the great plains of the Serengeti in Tanzania via lodge safari or summiting Africa’s highest peak: Mt. Kilimanjaro!
Dream Travel is proud to announce its eighth tour to the enchanted country of Tanzania for what is sure to be a trip of a lifetime! Visit a Masai tribe on the Serengeti, camp on the ridge of the great Ngorongoro Crater, buy hand-crafted goods from the artists themselves, compete in a race around the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro, see the great Zebra and Wildebeest Migration, hike up Mt. Kilimanjaro – all in a safe, group atmosphere brought to you by Dream Travel!
Are you still not sure you want to reward yourself with a trip that you deserve? Uncertain if you could hike up Kilimanjaro? Maybe you have never been to Africa and wonder if it’s something you’d enjoy? Do you have questions about the uncertainty of travel in 2024? Then join Dream Travel’s founder and CEO Stephen Price for one of three different Zoom meetings.
FREE ZOOM MEETINGS
Register for our free Zoom meetings and we'll send you dates to choose from.
Click here to choose a free Zoom meeting date to learn more about this amazing tour!
Click here to place your $250 deposit and confirm your spot!
2024 MT KILIMANJARO RACE, SERENGETI SAFARI AND KILI HIKE
Travel dates will either be February 16 to March 1, 2024, OR February 23 to March 8, 2024, depending on the marathon date. This will be determined roughly one year prior to the trip departure date.
- Airport pickup and drop off in Tanzania
- English speaking guides
- Hotels and Safari Lodges based on double occupancy
- A total of 5 nights at the Honey Badger Lodge
- 5 nights / 6 days hike up the Machame Route on Mt. Kilimanjaro, camping fees, all meals on the climb, transfers to and from the gate, guides and porters, tents, sleeping bags and mattresses.
- 3 nights / 4 days Lodge Safari
- 4x4 vehicle with game viewing hatches during the safari with a driver / English speaking guide
- Park / Camp fees and game viewing
- Olduvai and Ngorongoro Crater visit
- Race entry into the event of your choice (5K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon)
*Prices are per person and based on double occupancy. Single Occupancy is additional
- Visas, travel insurance and health requirements
- Meals at the hotel (all meals are included on the Safari and on Kilimanjaro)
- Tips and items of a personal nature
- Activities/Services not specified
Click Here to view the Kilimanjaro Tour Itinerary
- A $250 deposit is required to book this trip.
- 50% of your package amount is due no later than February 1, 2023
- The balance of your package amount is due no later than October 16, 2023
- You may make smaller installments if you wish as long as your payments meet the deadlines above.
We can assist you with your flights if you wish. Simply send us your city of departure and your dates of travel (if they are not the same as our trip itinerary) and we’ll get back to you with some options.
Mt. KILIMANJARO 5K, HALF and FULL MARATHON
It is not required that you run one of the distances if you don’t want to, however, you may also consider walking an event so that you can be a part of the experience! People of all abilities have taken part in this exciting race weekend.
ZANZIBAR ADD ON
Roughly one year prior to departure, we’ll post an optional add on side trip to Zanzibar, the Spice Island, so plan on adding another few days to your trip to relax on the beach after the main itinerary!
SERENGETI SAFARI and MT. KILIMANJARO TIPS
It is customary to tip once to the main Kilimanjaro guide after the hike and again to the main safari guide after the safari as the porters, chef, guides, drivers and crew work very hard and for minimum wage. The main guide for both the hike and the safari will divvy up your tip money to their staff.
During the hike up Mt. Kilimanjaro, porters will carry everything up the mountain other than your daypack. That includes, but is not limited to, your gear, sleeping bags and mattresses, tents, food, water, chairs, tables, medical gear and much, much more. A chef and his staff will cook fresh meals every day as well. Once on Kilimanjaro you’ll understand why. Same goes for the safari.
Required*: Yellow Fever.
TwinRX (Hep A & B) and Typhoid are highly recommended. Please see your local Traveler’s Health Centre for full details, information, and vaccination.
Travelers must present their official Yellow Fever card upon entering Tanzania.
*Yellow Fever vaccination may not be required at the time of entry into Tanzania, however, if it is required and you do not have the vaccination, you may be given it at the airport and/or refused entry.
Full medical travel insurance is mandatory for this trip, but coverage including cancellation/interruption insurance is highly recommended.
Our group ManuLife Travel Insurance Packages includes the following:
- Cancel For Any Reason coverage*
- Trip cancelation
- Trip interruption
- Full medical
Click here for more information and a quote
*PLEASE READ THE POLICY FOR DETAILS ON THE CANCEL FOR ANY REASON COVERAGE
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ORDER TO HAVE 100% COVERAGE, THE INSURANCE MUST BE PURCHASED WITHIN 72 HOURS OF YOUR DEPOSIT BEING PAID.
Those that purchased cancellation insurance may place a claim for the entire amount of their deposit(s) and/or payment(s) assuming that they are cancelling for insurable reasons. Those that have Cancel For Any Reason coverage do not need to have an insurable reason to cancel, but may not be entitled to receive a 100% refund.
The following non-refundable cancellation fees will apply:
- $250 for cancellations up until Feb 1, 2023
- 50% of your package amount for cancellations from Feb 2, 2023 – 120 days prior to departure
- 100% of package amount for cancellations 119 days or less, prior to departure
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Check out our FAQs page for information on the events, weather, and other important information by clicking here.
Click here to see our contact information.
For more information please contact Stephen Price
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Check back for Clinics near you.