St. Patrick's Day Race for CHEO 2014
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Time: See Details
In 2014 the Ottawa Irish Rugby Club is honored to have partnered with Children Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) for the 26th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Run. CHEO is a pediatric health and research center providing outstanding family-centered patient care, pioneering breakthrough research, and training the health care professionals of tomorrow. CHEO has touched so many families so if you are able please make a small donation to an tremendous facility that serves children, youth and families in Eastern Ontario.
Race day info (please read):
- Thursday, March 13th from 3:30 to 8:30 pm
- Friday, March 14th from 3:30 to 8:30 pm
Slater Street Running Room - View Map
160 Slater Street
- Saturday, March 15th (Race Day) from 7:30 an to 8:30 am
Immaculata High School gym.
However, we prefer that they are picked up at the Slater St. Running Room.
NOTE: Chips are not given at kit pick-up, they are picked up on race day.
- Immaculata High School, 140 Main Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5P4.
- It is located in the heart of Ottawa on the Rideau Canal and Echo Drive at the Pretoria Bridge.
- Note that Colonel By Drive will be closed due to the race.
- Arrive in the Immaculata School gym 30 minutes before your race.
- Parking is available in the Immaculata High School’s parking lot, or in the street around the school.
- Come changed and ready to run! There are no lockers provided, leave items at your own risk.
- Enjoy the music.
- Registered and have picked up kit so have bib number – simply get ready to run.
- Registered and have not picked up your kit – proceed to the kit pick up table (upon entry, opposite end of the stage) and then pick up your chip.
- Not registered – proceed to the Registration table (upon entry, opposite end of the stage) to get registered and get a kit. Then pick up your chip.
- Listen for the announcement that will tell you when to go to the starting gate (usually 10 minutes before your race).
- The starting gate is on Colonel By Drive by the Pretoria bridge.
Race Routes (it will be marked):
- 1 walk/run - Along Colonel By Drive (and Rideau Canal) from Pretoria Bridge to the Echo Drive and back
- 5km - Along Colonel By Drive (and Rideau Canal) from Pretoria Bridge to the Bronson Bridge and back
- 10km - Along Colonel By Drive (and Rideau Canal) from Pretoria Bridge to the Heron Bridge and back
- Enjoy the sights of the beautiful Rideau Canal.
- Run on the right hand side of the road (just like we drive).
- Beware & heads-up - Runners will be on both sides of the road. There will be water stations & music!
- If you need help, ask a volunteer
- Come back to the gym after the race and enjoy free refreshments provided by the Ottawa Irish Rugby Club Read the results! They will be posted on the inside walls of the gym about 15 minutes after the first runners come in.
- Results will be announced starting at 10:15am.
- Awards & Door prizes will be distributed then too.
- Saturday morning only and will close at 8:15 am.
- Shirt will not be provided for late registration.
- Cost is $40.
Strollers are permitted however we ask that they go at the back of the line.
Changes to registration are available until March 8th, 2010 – email the Race Director at email@example.com.
- 1st overall male/female and top winners per race category.
- Age groups u19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
DOOR & BEST COSTUME PRIZES!!!
Go Green! Wear your best Irish costume!
- Posted on in the gym after the races and on Saturday afternoon (after the races) at www.sportstats.ca under Recent Results.
- The race route must be open to traffic by noon. For this to happen we will need all participants off the road course by 11:15. You are welcome to complete the event on the sidewalk. Awards will start to be given out around 10:15.
- Please register early to guarantee a shirt. We will be pre-ordering only 900 shirts. They will be assigned based on your registration sequence.
- Family Run and Walk will not receive a shirt, so please dress in your best St. Patrick's Day outfits.
- Please use this link to choose the appropriate size shirt. The shirts are fitted! If in doubt, please order a size up, especially for the female racers, based on last year's issues.
- 9:00 a.m. – 10K Run
- 9:15 a.m. – 5K Run
- 9:30 a.m. – Junior Spartan 1K (Ages 6-12)
1. Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page.
2. Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
3. Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
4. You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
5. Check the on-line confirmation list above.
6. If there are any questions about your online registration please click on the contact us link to communicate with the race director.
All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. Entry fee does not include processing fee.
View Processing Fees
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
We provide you with all the resources you will need to create a personal home page to raise funds for your favorite charity. E-mail your family and friends with donation requests, track your donation goal and much more...
It’s Simple! When you register for an event you will be prompted to set up a Free member login account. You can login when you enter the race or after registering. If you will be collecting donations for this event's charity, you have to be logged in to access the Donations tab. If you are not a member please sign up for a free account. Creating an account will allow you to customize personal home pages to begin tracking and soliciting donations for your favorite charities.
For more information on our Fundraising tools link here: GIVING
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard