37th Annual Melissa's Road Race 2016
Saturday September 24, 2016 / 10:30 A.M. / Banff AB. Canada
Thanks for supporting the 2016 Melissas Road Race
Melissa's Road Race is thrilled to be recognized as the 2015 number one road race in Alberta as voted by the participants. A Huge thank you to all the runners who supported our event and to all the sponsors and volunteers who worked with us to make it happen.
The 21Km Returns! - We are thrilled to announce that Parks Canada has approved the 21k route for this year. Registration opens on Monday April 25th. Construction on the golf course bridge will hopefully be finished and the back loop of the golf course has been repaved and is in great condition.
37th Annual Melissa's Road Race 2016
|Until September 20, 2016||$70|
|Until September 20, 2016||$70|
|Until September 20, 2016||$50*|
Melissa's 5Km, 10 Km, & 21Km Road Race | Banff AB
21Km $70.00 - Non Refundable
10Km Run $70.00 - Non Refundable
5Km Run $50.00* New Lower Price! - Non Refundable
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY Includes: G.S.T, Cotton Shirt, post-race beverages and snacks, 1/2 price voucher for dinner at (not valid on race weekend), post-race party, and great draw prizes!
- All Participants will recieve a 100% Cotton Long Sleeve Shirt Imprinted with Original Artwork to commemorate the event!
- Unisex Sizing - Avaliable in Sm, Med, Lge, or XLge
- For safety reasons, wheelchairs, baby joggers, strollers, Burleys, and pets will NOT be permitted on the course.
- Melissa's Road Race is capped at 4500 participants. Please enter early so that you are not disappointed.
- Registration for the 37th Annual Melissa's Road Race is done exclusively online till Sept 20th.
- Online Registration ends at 11pm on Tuesday Sept. 20th
- Registration is avaliable at Number Pick Up
Participants who have already registered for the 10k event and wish to change to the 21k event will be charged a $5.00 administration fee.
Participants transferring from the 5K to the 10K or 21K will be charged $25.00 ( $20.00 + $5.00 transfer fee).
Online transfers can only be done until Tuesday September 6th.
After September 6th Participants can only Transfer at package pick up.
No Changes on Race Day!
Optional Souvenier Items
- Sorry - deadline to purchase souvenier items has ended
Participants who have already purchased Souvenier Product can pick up their items at the Running Room tent on Race Day.
Post Race Draw Prizes
Lots of them, you must be present to win! Prizes are generously donated by our sponsors and many Banff merchants.
Timing and Results
Sports Stats will be using the Real Time ChampionChip® timing system at this event. Your bib contains your timing chip - no chip, no time! Please ensure that you do not remove the timing tag from the back of your bib. Wear your own bib only, for safety and security issues.
Awards and draw prizes donated by Big Rock, Running Room, Asics and Banff Merchants will be presented at the Recreation Grounds (when results have been finalized, approximately 12:30 to start.) Awards will be based on "gun time." Beer Garden opens at 11:00 am
- 21km: 8 age categories (male and female)
- 10km: 8 age categories (male and female)
- 5km: 9 age categories (male and female)
- $250.00 for first place male and female in the 5km, 10km, and 21km races.
- $100.00 for each age group winner in the both the 5km and 10km races.
Overall winners removed from their respective age group prize money, but retain 1st
- $50.00 for second place in every age group.
- $25.00 for third place in every age group.
- Thursday, September 22nd from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Friday, September 23rd
from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Eau Claire Running Room - View Map
Unit A01, 200 Barclay Parade SW
- Friday, September 23rd from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Melissa's Restaurant in Banff.
- Saturday, September 24th Race Day at the start only from 8:30 am to 10:00 am.
- Race Day Number pick up only. No registration on Race Day
Avoid race day line-ups and pick up your number ahead of time.
Note: Event participant long sleeve shirts are distributed at the Large White tent on Race Day.
- Deadline for shirt pick up is November 30th, 2016 at Melissas Restaurant
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please enter and run with your own name and number! Running with another participant's
registered name and number disqualifies you from category awards and draw prizes.
Race Start Times
- 5km and 10km: 10:30 A.M. Sharp!
- 21Km starts immediately after the 10K clears Cave Avenue (approximately 10:40 a.m.)
- 5K Route Map and Information - View Here
- 10K Route Map and Information - View Here
- 21K Route Map and Information - View Here
Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, join us for our terrific selection of AAA beef. Friday night from 9 pm, Matt Beatty will be entertaining in the bar. Saturday night, come early, there'll be lots of door prizes. Your race number will get you a free Big Rock beer, and music by The Hot Tamales will keep you dancing.
We are a World Heritage Site! Explore, create, experience and enjoy Canada's first National Park by purchasing your entrance fee or Parks Canada annual pass at the park entrance gate or the Banff Information Centre. Celebrate and safeguard these special places. *Special Note* All vehicles entering Banff National Park must have a valid Park Pass - available at any Park entrance or National Park Information Centre and now available online - Click Here.
For more information please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶