25th Annual AIDS Walk and Superhero Run
Saturday September 17, 2016 / 6:00 P.M. / Edmonton AB
25th Annual AIDS Walk and Superhero Run
|Event Name||Event Type||Early Bird||Regular|
|Awareness Walk||1K||$ 20||$ 20||Register Now!|
|Superhero Run||5K||$ 20||$ 30||Register Now!|
|Awareness Walk - Team *||1K||$ 20 per person||$ 20 per person||Register Now!|
|Superhero Run - Team *||5K||$ 20 per person||$ 30 per person||Register Now!|
- Free t-shirt to all those who raise $100.00 or more. Must register before August 26 to guarantee size choice.
- Everyone who registers receives a super cool Heroes for Zero Buff
- * Team captains register first and invite members to join up! Captains who register for the Team events will be sent a password to invite members to register to join their team. Click here for more info.
IMPORTANT: Please verify the spelling of your Team Name. This MUST be consistent.
- * Early Bird Fee - End Date: 2016-06-30 11:59 P.M.
- * Regular Fee - End Date: 2016-09-15 11:59 P.M.
Race Kit Pickup
- At Running Room 109 Street
8537 - 109 Street
Edmonton, AB T6G 1E4
Ph: (780) 433-6062 - Map
- September 15 Thursday 4-8pm and September 16 Friday 4-8pm
- Awareness Walk : Saturday September 17, 2016 @ 6:00 P.M.
- Superhero Run : Saturday September 17, 2016 @ 6:00 P.M.
ts time to don your capes and get into superhero mode as we celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the AIDS Walk in Edmonton! We will be returning to Old Strathcona and the action begins at 5pm and we plan to have the park rocking in true superhero style until 10pm with the amazing Mike Chalut of The Bounce amusing us and getting us into the spirit! We are so proud to announce that we have a special keynote speaker, an outstanding young woman who shares her story of moving through shame to acceptance as a young HIV positive woman. Muluba Habanyama is a speaker you do not want to miss.
There will be music, dancing, food and beer post Walk/Run as we celebrate this special milestone and honour those that have passed as well as show those living with HIV that Edmonton is a city full of Heroes for Zero!
There is a Superhero inside all of us We just need the courage to put on the cape!
- EVENT DAY ITINERARY (Subject to change)
MCs- Mike Chalut of The Bounce and Nancy Carlson of Global Edmonton
- 5:00pm Registration
- 5:55pm Zumba Warmup (Andrea Beca)
- 6:00pm - Walk Introduction- Premier Rachel Notley
- 6:10pm 1km Awareness Walk & 5K Superhero Run Begins
- 6:30pm - Beer Garden opens
- 7:30pm Muluba Habanyama (Keynote Speaker)
- 8:00pm Trophies
- 8:15pm Drag Show (ISCWR)
- 8:30pm Trophies
- 9:00pm The Retrofitz
- 10:00pm- Last call beer garden
- 11:00pm- Venue Closed
- 11:00pm- Head to Evolution Wonderlounge for Official Superhero Afterparty!
For more information please contact Laura Keegan
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 780-488-5742
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Running Program - 5KM Clinic at our Kinsmen Store. Start date July 22, 2019
Running Program - 5KM Clinic at our Edm 109st Store. Start date July 23, 2019
Running Program - 5KM Clinic at our Callingwood Store. Start date October 14, 2019
Running Program - 5KM Clinic at our South Edm Common. Start date October 7, 2019
Running Program - 5KM Clinic at our Terwillegar. Start date August 19, 2019
Running Program - 5KM Clinic at our Millennium Place Store. Start date August 12, 2019
Running Program - 5KM Clinic at our St. Albert Store. Start date September 9, 2019