Outrun the Stigma Edmonton
Sunday October 15, 2017 / 9:00 A.M. / Edmonton AB
|5K Run/Walk||Register Now!|
|Until Oct 13||$22|
|10K Run/Walk||Register Now!|
|Until Oct 13||$22|
|Team 5K/10K||Register Now!|
|Until Oct 13||$22 per person|
- Free Shirt with entry!
- Team : Minimum of 2 members in the team.
* The TEAM CAPTAIN must register first and invite the members to join up! Captains who register for the team events will be sent a password to invite members to register to join their team
A group of students noticed a gap in the running culture for runs that raise mental health awareness and started Outrun the Stigma Calgary to fill that gap. To remain grassroots, every Outrun the Stigma run event invites local community members to speak about their mental health experiences and hosts a Mental Health Expo involving local community organizations, businesses, and charities. Since October 2013, we have brought together more than 1,600 students, community members, and volunteers to raise over $44,000 for Distress Centre Calgary.
In May 2016 our student club initiative transitioned to a not-for-profit organization with the goal of expanding our online platform and hosting our annual event in cities and communities across Canada. Thus, we are having our first ever Outrun the Stigma Edmonton this year on October 15th, 2017
Choose between a 5 or 10 km. walk or run and receive some awesome swag bag at the day of the race, then take some time to talk to our speakers, performers, and community mental health resource presenters. You can fundraise for the CMHA right on this platform utilizing the Donations Tab. Help us break our fundraising goal of $5,000 in our very first year! (Lets show the Calgary chapter some friendly rivalry!)
Race Kit Pickup
- Saturday, October 14th
from 10:00am – 2:00pm
109st Running Room - View Map
8537 - 109 Street
- Sunday, October 15th at 9:00 A.M. to pick up your race kit before the start of your walk/run at 10:00 A.M. on race day.
Tentative Race Day Schedule:
- 9AM: Sign In (Main Quad, University of Alberta), Refreshments, Package pickup
- 9:30AM: Speakers and Opening Ceremony
- 10AM: Race starts
- 10:30 AM - 1 PM: Mental Health Expo - performances, speakers, booths, refreshments
For more information please contact Can Intaprasert
- Email: email@example.com
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), founded in 1918, is one of the oldest voluntary organizations in Canada. Each year, we provide direct service to more than 100,000 Canadians through the combined efforts of more than 10,000 volunteers and staff across Canada in over 120 communities. As a nation-wide, voluntary organization, the Canadian Mental Health Association promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. The CMHA accomplishes this mission through advocacy, education, research and service. CMHA branches across Canada provide a wide range of innovative services and supports to people who are experiencing mental illness and their families. These services are tailored to the needs and resources of the communities where they are based. One of the core goals of these services is to help people with mental illness develop the personal tools to lead meaningful and productive lives.
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Check back for Clinics near you.