Win4Skin 5km Walk/Run
Sunday June 2, 2019 / 10:00 A.M. / Edmonton AB
|5k Walk/Run Individual||Register Now!|
|Until Apr 21||$35|
|Until May 12||$40|
|Until May 31||$45|
- Free Shirt with entry!
- Win4Skin started in 2010 following the passing of University of Alberta athlete Owen Schlosser, from malignant melanoma. His battle with melanoma and involvement in sport, along with the desire to give back to the community and support access to sport, is what inspired this fundraiser.
This year, we are hosting the first annual Win4Skin 5km Run/Walk held at Whitemud Park on Sunday, June 2nd at 10:00am.
- 9:30-10:00 am: Warm up: Let Jordan Jeske from The Projct private Personal Training Studio lead you through a warm up to get your heart pumping for the big race: https://theprojct.com/
- 10:00- 10:45: Race Start: Tighten up your shoes and get ready to run/walk/jog through our 5km course. Start and Finish Line at the Alfred Savage Community Hall located at 13909 Fox Dr NW.
- 10:45- 11:15: Cool Down and Stretch Out- After the race is done, kick start your recovery by taking part in some yoga hosted by the very talented Kathleen Ritchie of the Sattva School of Yoga: https://www.sattvaschoolofyoga.com/
- 11:15- 2:00pm: Let the Party Begin- You're done all the hard work for the day so sit back, relax and enjoy a Press'd Sandwich (https://pressdsandwiches.ca/) and a refreshing drink while listening to the talented Girls Club DJ's : https://girlsclubdjs.com/
- Race Day Music and Entertainment to be provided by Girls Club DJ's: https://girlsclubdjs.com/
- All funds raised from the run go towards the support of two important causes: the Owen Schlosser Endowment fund through the Edmonton Community Foundation, which helps underprivileged youth access sport in Alberta by contributing to a number of different organizations that provide equipment, cover registration costs, or organize sports leagues for children; and the Mary Johnston Chair in Melanoma Research, Canada’s first melanoma research professorship, aimed at researching key pathways in melanoma development that would lead to potential targets for prevention and therapy.
- Click on the link below to learn more:
- Over the past nine years, Win4Skin has raised more than $825,000 for the two charities. This year marks the 10th anniversary of Win4Skin, please join us in our goal to reach a lifetime total of $1 Million in donations.
Hope to see you there!
Owen Schlosser Fund
The Owen Schlosser Fund (OSF) was set up in memory of William Owen Schlosser, who passed away at the age of 21 from melanoma. Owen was a talented athlete and competed in many sports as a child and teenager including soccer, tennis, hockey as well as track and field. He eventually focused his efforts on tennis and was playing for the University of Alberta tennis team while completing a degree in Industrial Design when he was diagnosed with melanoma.
Owen, having cherished his experiences in sport as a child, asked that any remaining funds raised by friends and family to support his cancer treatment be donated to help underprivileged children access sport. It was his wish that children, who otherwise might not be able to afford it, have the opportunity to enjoy the positive experience sport brings. When Owen passed away, the OSF was set up by his family and closest friends to honour this wish and to pay tribute to his memory.
The main goal of the OSF is to help underprivileged youth access sport in Alberta. To further this goal, the OSF contributes to a number of different organizations that provide equipment, cover registration costs, or organize sports leagues for children across the province.
The Win4Skin fundraiser is a major contributor to the OSF.
Race Kit Pickup
- Friday May 31st. 5:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
- Saturday June 1st. 12:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
- 109th St. Running Room - Map
8537 - 109 Street
Edmonton, AB T6G 1E4
Ph: (780) 433-6062
- Sunday June 2, 2019
- 5k Walk/Run Individual @ 10:00 A.M.
For more information please contact:
Matt Norminton - Ph: 780-935-3771
Tom Fleming - Ph: 780-217-8778
Caroline Schlosser - Ph: 780-920-2885
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Check back for Clinics near you.