First Race Back
Sunday September 12, 2021 / 7:30 A.M. / Barrie ON
This race has a maximum registration cap of 540 entrants.
|First Race Back 5KM (VIRTUAL) 5K||Register Now!|
|Until Aug 29||$50|
|First Race Back 5KM (LIVE RACE)||TBA|
|Until Aug 29||$65|
Join VR Pro for what we hope will be the first LIVE RACE back in the City of Barrie!
This 5KM road race will follow along Barrie's scenic waterfront trail on Kempenfelt Bay (Lake Simcoe). There are many sights along the way including the Spirit Catcher which is the symbol used on the race medal and shirt. The Spirit Catcher represents the Aboriginal People of Canada and is influenced by the Aboriginal myth of the Thunderbird and its original location on Canada's west coast. The Thunderbird is a messenger who carries dreams and desires to the Creator. On the day that the Spirit Catcher was erected in Barrie, the site was blessed with the burning of sweet grass and a performance by the Rama Native Drum Group of the Mnjikaning First Nation. To learn more, please visit: www.maclarenart.com.
The Spirit Catcher was dedicated on September 12th, 1987. The date of this race will be held on September 12th and we will be raising funds for the Barrie Native Friendship Centre. Whether virtual or in person, we encourage everyone to register and raise funds in support of Truth and Reconciliation.
Although we are hoping this will be a live event, we are still waiting on final approval from the City of Barrie. At this time, we are currently accepting registration for the virtual race only. Once we get approval from the City of Barrie we will open up live race registration. Those who register for the virtual race will be given the right of first refusal to participate in the in-person race. As such, registering for the virtual race will help secure your spot in the live race once we are able to open up registration. Anyone wishing to transfer from the virtual race to the live race will need to pay the registration fee difference of $15.
All registered participants (virtual or in-person) will receive a technical t-shirt.
Race kit pickup will be available at the Barrie Running Room or you can have your kit mailed directly to you for an additional charge. Due to COVID restrictions, we will not have race kit pickup available on race day.
Race Location: Heritage Park, 6 Simcoe St. Barrie ON
Race Date: Sunday, September 12th, 2012 @ 7:30 A.M.
Time: Starting times will vary depending on your scheduled starting wave. In order to maintain physical distancing requirements we will have multiple waves starting at different times. You will be placed in a wave with runners who have a similar expected finish time. After registration is closed all registered runners will be notified of when their starting time is.
The First Race Back is supporting the Barrie Native Friendship Centre. Please consider making a donation here.
UPDATES ON LIVE RACE:
We are currently only accepting registrations for the virtual event. We have been having conversations with the City of Barrie about the live event and have submitted a permit application. We are hopeful that we will be able to put on a live race. However, we will not be opening registration for the live event until the permit is approved. Those who register for the virtual component will have the right of first refusal to register for the live event.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
- Since the start of the pandemic, VR Pro has made the health and safety of the running community our top priority. From keeping runners motivated through virtual races to hosting safe curb-side race kit pickups, we have been working hard to keep you safe, motivated and healthy.
- COVID-19 has had a large impact on our community and it still continues to pose a threat to the health and safety of our runners. As we begin to return to in-person races and events we want to do our part to help keep the community and the cities we operate in safe.
- Given the steady supply of vaccines available in Ontario, VR Pro has made the decision to make vaccines mandatory for participation in our in-person races. Meaning that in order to participate in our live races you must show proof that you are fully vaccinated. This will allow us to host safer in-person events and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- If you are not comfortable with getting the vaccine, or if you are not sure about participating in an in-person event we will continue to have a virtual option available for all of our races.
- Thank you for your understanding and for doing your part to keep our running community safe.
For more information please contact Kelly Arnott
- Email: email@example.com
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶
Check back for Clinics near you.