Ottawa St. Patrick's Day Races
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Time: See Details
Make your way to:
- Immaculata High School, 140 Main Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5P4.
- It is located in the heart of Ottawa on the Rideau Canal and Echo Drive at the Pretoria Bridge.
- Note that Colonel By Drive will be closed due to the race.
- Arrive in the Immaculata School gym 30 minutes before your race.
- Parking is available in the Immaculata High Schoolís parking lot, or in the street around the school.
- Come changed and ready to run! There are no lockers provided; leave items at your own risk.
- Enjoy the music provided by CHUM FM.
- Please visit http://events.inmysights.ca/event/14284/ to see pictures from last years race. Bill will be there again, so wear your best Irish outfit for your photos.
Upon entry in gym, if you are:
- Registered and have picked up kit so have bib number – simply pick up your chip from Sporstatsís green tent.
- Registered and have not picked up your kit – proceed to the kit pick up table (upon entry, opposite end of the stage) and then pick up your chip.
- Not registered – proceed to the Registration table (upon entry, opposite end of the stage) to get registered and get a kit. Then pick up your chip.
Pick up Chip!
- Pick up your chip from Sporstatsís green tent, located inside the gym, to the left of the stage (this is repeated because of the importance).
- Wear the chip around your ankle.
Listen to the announcements!
- Listen for the announcement that will tell you when to go to the starting gate (usually 10 minutes before your race).
- The starting gate is on Colonel By Drive by the Pretoria bridge.
Run your race!
- Race Routes (it will be marked):
- 1 km walk/run – Along Colonel By Drive (and Rideau Canal) from Pretoria Bridge to the Echo Drive and back
- 5 km – Along Colonel By Drive (and Rideau Canal) from Pretoria Bridge to the Bronson Bridge and back
- 10 km – Along Colonel By Drive (and Rideau Canal) from Pretoria Bridge to the Heron Bridge and back
Run your race and have a great time!
- Enjoy the sights of the beautiful Rideau Canal.
- Run on the right hand side of the road (just like we drive).
- Beware & heads-up: runners will be on both sides of the road.
- Strollers are permitted; however, we ask that they go at the back of the line.
- There will be water stations & music!
After the race:
- Return your chip to the volunteers by the finish line Come back to the gym after the race and enjoy free bagels from Bagel Bagel & Kettlements, Astro yogurt, fruit, water provided by Shoppers Drug Mart, and hot Starbucks coffee!
Read the results!
- They will be posted on the inside walls of the gym about 15 minutes after the first runners come in.
- Results will be announced starting at 10:15 a.m.
- Awards & door prizes will be distributed then too.
- In-store only on Thursday & Friday evenings during race kit pickup (3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) or on race day from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Kits are not guaranteed.
- Cost is $40.
- Changes to registration are available until March 11th, 2012.
- Refunds are not permitted; however, transfers to other runners are.
- We will run rain or shine or snow!
Prizes & Awards (must be in attendance to receive; they will not be mailed):
- 5 km & 10 km – Awards 1st overall male/female and top winners per race category.
- 1 km – Awards for 1st overall male & female for age groups 12+ and under 12.
- DOOR & BEST COSTUME PRIZES!!! Go Green! Wear your best Irish costume!
- Posted on in the gym after the races and on Saturday afternoon (after the races) at www.sportstats.ca under Recent Results.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
3:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday, March 16, 2012
3:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Slater Street Running Room
160 Slater Street
Bring ID, and if picking up kit for others, bring a note with authority.
Kits may be picked up on race day from 7:30 to 8:30am in the gym of Immaculata High School.
However, we prefer that they are picked up at the Slater Street Running Room.
- NOTE: Chips are not given at kit pick-up; they are picked up on race day.
- Shirts will be provided to the first 800 people. We hope to change the shirts style this year to avoid some of the sizing issues we had last year. If you provide your email address, we will keep you in the loop. For now, please use the sizing chart provided.
- Please use this link to choose the appropriate size shirt. The shirts are fitted! If in doubt, please order a size up, especially for the female racers, based on last year's issues.
- 9:00 a.m. – 10 km
- 9:15 a.m. – 5 km
- 9:30 a.m. – 1 km
1. Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page.
2. Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
3. Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
4. You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
5. Check the on-line confirmation list above.
6. If there are any questions about your online registration please click on the contact us link to communicate with the race director.
All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. Entry fee does not include processing fee.
View Processing Fees
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard