38th Annual Melissa's Road Race 2017
Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 / 10:30 A.M. / Banff, AB
Last chance to run the BEST road race in Alberta!
Invite your family and friends to join us in the last year of the Melissa's Road Race.
Online registration closes Tuesday. Runners can register at package pick up!
Sorry Online registration is closed.
You can still register at package pick up !
The Melissa's Road Race has a maxium registration cap of 4,500 entrants.
The 21K event is capped at 1800 runners.
Melissa's Road Race is thrilled to be recognized as Alberta's Grand Champion Road Race in 2016! Continuing from it's last year's Alberta's Best Road Win, this year's award was tabulated from a Provincial-wide survey conducted by Athletics Alberta. A huge thank you to all the runners who supported our event and to all the sponsors and volunteers who worked with us to make it happen.
38th Annual Melissa's Road Race 2017
|Until Tuesday, Sept 19th||$70|
|Until Tuesday, Sept 19th||$70|
|Until Tuesday, Sept 19th||$50|
Melissa's 5Km, 10 Km, & 21Km Road Race | Banff AB
21Km Run $70.00
10Km Run $70.00
5Km Run $50.00* New Lower Price!
Online Registration Only / Non Refundable
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY Includes: G.S.T, Technical Shirt, Finishers Medal, post-race beverages and snacks, 1/2 price voucher for dinner at (not valid on race weekend), post-race party, and great draw prizes!
- NEW! - All Participants will recieve a Commemorative Technical Shirt and finishers medal!
- Sizing avaliable in XSm, Sm, Med, Lge, or XLge
- For safety reasons, wheelchairs, baby joggers, strollers, Burleys, and pets will NOT be permitted on the course.
- Melissa's Road Race is capped at 4500 participants. Please enter early so that you are not disappointed.
- Registration for the 37th Annual Melissa's Road Race is done exclusively online.
- Online Registration ends at 11pm on Tuesday Sept. 19th
Participant transfers now at package pickup.
After September 5th Participants can transfer events at package pick up.
Applicants can only transfer to another event. No Name transfers are allowed.
Participants who have registered for the 10k event and wish to change to the 21k event will be charged a $5.00 administration fee.
Participants transferring from the 5K to the 10K or 21K will be charged $25.00 ( $20.00 + $5.00 transfer fee).
Online transfers can only be done until Tuesday September 5th.
No Registration refunds.
- Sorry the deadline to purchase items has passed.
- Applicants who have pre-purchased Souvenier Product can pick up their items at the Running Room tent on Race Day.
Post Race Draw Prizes
Lots of them, you must be present to win! Prizes are generously donated by our sponsors and many Banff and Canmore merchants. Finishers medals will be given to all runners who cross the finish line.
Timing and Results
Sports Stats will be using the race|results® timing system at this event.
Your bib contains your timing chip - no chip, no time!
Wear your own bib only, for safety and security issues.
New this year! A computer station will be set up next to the number pick-up tent so that runners will be able to scan their bib tag and receive instant and complete results.
New this year! Based on guntime, the ONLY cash prizes to be awarded this year will be
to the first overall male and female in each race (5k, 10k, and 21k) and will be recognized with a $250.00 cash prize.
Package pick up
- Thursday, September 21st from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Friday, September 22nd
from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Eau Claire Running Room - View Map
Unit A01, 200 Barclay Parade SW
- Friday, September 22nd from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Melissa's Restaurant in Banff.
- Saturday, September 23rd Race Day at the start only from 8:30 am to 10:00 am
- There will be NO changes allowed on race day.
Avoid race day line-ups and pick up your number ahead of time.
Note: Event participant shirts are distributed at the Large White tent on Race Day.
- Deadline for shirt pick up is November 30th, 2017 at Melissas Restaurant
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please enter and run with your own name and number! Running with another participant's
registered name and number disqualifies you from category awards and draw prizes.
Race Start Times
- 5km and 10km: 10:30 A.M. Sharp!
- 21Km starts immediately after the 10K clears Cave Avenue (approximately 10:40 a.m.)
- 5K Route Map and Information - View Here
- 10K Route Map and Information - View Here
- 21K Route Map and Information - View Here
Join us in Bar for race weekend fun. Friday night starting at 8 pm, Matt Beatty will entertain with friends and on Saturday night the Hot Tamales will keep you dancing. Saturday night from 8 pm, bring your race number with you for a complimentary Big Rock beer and enter to win one of the dozens of door prizes to be given away. Come early, everyone is welcome!
Melissa's Restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, serving amazing Alberta beef and other great entrees.
Know your number, before you arrive for pick-up!
We are a World Heritage Site! Explore, create, experience and enjoy Canada's first National Park by purchasing your entrance fee or Parks Canada annual pass at the park entrance gate or the Banff Information Centre. Celebrate and safeguard these special places. *Special Note* All vehicles entering Banff National Park must have a valid Park Pass - available at any Park entrance or National Park Information Centre and now available online - Click Here.
For more information please contact Events Admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Register view more ▶
- Choose your event! Click on the registration link to go to the secure registration page
- Fill out your information on the registration form. Make sure to include your proper email address!
- Use your credit card to pay your registration fee! Transactions processed securely.
- You will receive a confirmation Email, outlining your application and payment details.
- Check the on-line confirmation list above.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Entry fee does not include processing fee .
Remember to check back regularly for updates on race information!
If you have questions or comments, please contact your Race Director.
Have a great Race!
Fundraising and Donations view more ▶
Many of our events are affiliated with a charity. Supporting a charity has never been easier!
It's Simple! If you are registering for an event that is associated with a Charity there will be a Donations tab on the top of the race page. All you need to do is go to the Donations tab and select Raise funds to set up your fundraising page. Once you set up a new Fundraising account or login with your existing profile you are ready to solicit your friends and family members to support you! All the resources you need to set your donation goals, solicit donation, and track funds are on your donations dashboard.
For more information on our Fundraising and Donations tools Click Here
Athlete Dashboard view more ▶
The Athlete Dashboard is a new feature when you set up a member login and password and its Free.
The Athlete Dashboard allows you to view everything related to your events on one page; race registration information on all your events, results tracking for all your events, notice of photos for your events and charitable fundraising tracking.
For more information on the Athlete Dashboard link here: Athlete Dashboard
Training Programs view more ▶