Dec 7/19 - Various Locations,
Jan 1/20 - Various Locations,
Mar 1/20 - Burlington, ON
Mar 3/20 - Running Room Locations,
Questions about our Training Programs?
Heart Rate Training
Why Do Athletes Use Heart Rate Monitors?
- It takes the guesswork out of training.
- Ensures training intensities are optimal.
- Ensures you stay within your target zones.
Your heart rate monitor tells you how hard your heart is working in beats per minute which gives you a precise view of what's happening inside your body.
Base Training — Your intensity should be 60-70% of your maximum heart rate.
Threshold Training — is between 70-80%
Speed Training — is between 80+%.
Understand exercise intensity and the role heart rate monitors play in the fitness equation.
After completing this module you will:
- Understand what exercise intensity is and why it should be measured or tracked during activity.
- Determine your estimated maximum heart rate and your personal target heart rate zone for exercise.
- Be able to measure how your body responds to cardiovascular activity.